Wow what a trip.. We left on Sunday at about 7:30 in the morning and headed to Denver. Todd's work sent about 18 guys down to Denver to a Fireman Training and their families were invited to go. I had never been to Denver so what a great opportunity not only to see Denver but to also get to spend some much needed time with Todd. The company Todd works for paid for everything except our gas to get there which was way awesome. We decided to go down through Utah on the way down and then come back through Wyoming on the way home. For the most part the trip down was pretty good we had rain most of the way but it wasnt too bad. It was a very boring drive from about the time you get off the freeway at Spanish Fork till you get to Rifle Colorado. I was excited to see what Grand Junction looked like but lets be honest I was not impressed at all. Once we got to Rifle it was BEAUTIFUL.. It was little ski towns from there almost all the way to Denver. We also got to go through alot of tunnels on our way there. I have no idea why I am so fascinated with tunnels but I am. And the one below was very cool. I bet it was almost a mile long.
We got to Denver almost two hours before everyone else got there so we got checked into our hotel and decided to venture downtown. It was a HUGE eye opener. It was alot different that little IDAHO!! We parked the car and walked around we walked over to Coors Field which is where the Colorado Rockies play. It was so pretty in Denver all their Flowers and Trees were bloomed.
On Monday Todd had to go to his training so I was all on my own so I decided to drive out the the Denver Colorado Temple. It took me forever to get there cause technically it isnt in Denver its in Centennial which is 35 miles SW of Denver. It is a very Beautiful Temple. I then went all the way across to the other side of Denver to The RED ROCK AMPHITHEATER. I had seen the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform here on TV and I had always wanted to go there, It was breathtaking. At the top of all the seating you can look out and see all of Denver and the surrounding areas. I couldn't get a very good picture because it was raining and the haze was settleing in. Later that night we went out to Famous Daves and ate. Todd's work bought us all dinner there was about 40 of us. It was alot of fun.



















No comments:
Post a Comment